#4 – Money, Money, Money
It took another 2 months and 4 days to write another one…
The reason wasn’t because I didn’t have a list of topics or any posts written, but more because I had created such a long ‘todo list’ that I was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted by it all – I was:
“Being Busy, but not being Productive….”
“If you don’t plan your day, someone else will do it for you”
Weekly Planner –
There are some truly awesome planners on the market, you could create your own or you can download one here. It’s not what you buy or create but the actually ‘using it’ that makes a difference and here are a few tips to help:
- Take 30 minutes on a Sunday evening or first thing Monday morning to plan you week.
- Plan the time you are going to start work and more importantly plan when you are going to finish.
- Put it somewhere you can see it and actively try to stick to it – it will get easier.
- Remember to plan in some time to have ‘fun’ – and enjoy it guilt free…
- Take 5 minutes to review at the end of each day and the start of the next.
Get inspired, I’m a huge fan of listening to Books, Tedx talks or Podcasts, especially if I am in the car.
- When I procrastinate – then it’s time to ‘kick ass’ with Mel Robbins, creator of the ‘5 second rule’ tedx talk and You Tube channel.
- When I doubt my ability, (you know – imposter syndrome) I reach for the Big Leap by Guy Hendricks this book helps to stop self sabotage and overcome the fears and tendencies that stand in the way of lasting success.
- Need to chill – I use the Headspace app..
Talk to someone, just having a chat to someone can be all that it takes…
- Talk it over with family and friends – explain what you are trying to achieve and ask them to help you.
- Join a Mastermind or Peer Group – so that you can share ideas and ask for help when you get stuck.
- Join an Accountability Group – these are brilliant for keeping you on track.
Hi, I’m Heather
I’ve always been a Numbers Geek and a Weekend Adventurer, when I am not getting creative with numbers you will find me out Sea Kayaking, Hill Walking and Cycling in my native Scotland and beyond…
I help people navigate the world of Personal & Business finance – from creating Spending plans for the Solopreneur’s with erratic incomes to Costing & Pricing models for maximising Revenue
Hang out with me on Facebook, or check what I have been up to on Instagram?